License Terms & Conditions
NORTH NOTE END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
This Agreement sets out the terms and conditions which apply to the use by you, as an end user, of music which have been downloaded and licensed by you from www.northnote.com
This Agreement (The “Agreement”) is a legal contract between you (the end user, hereinafter “licensee”) and North Note Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales under registration number 09704281 whose registered office is at 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE (hereinafter “licensor”)
- Conditional upon receipt of full payment by you of the Licence Fee on or before the due date for payment, the licensor grants the licensee the right to synchronize the recordings in the licensee’s production, solely for the use, territory, term and other parameters you selected from our website, as specified in the Invoice. The license granted by the licensor to the licensee in respect of the recordings is a nonexclusive, non-transferable, single purpose license and is subject to the terms and conditions of this License Agreement.
- All rights in and to the Composition and the Recording not expressly granted under this Agreement, are expressly reserved to the Licensor and/or the applicable rights holder.
- Licensor may terminate this License Agreement upon Licensee’s breach of any of the terms of this Agreement by giving notice in writing of such breach. If Licensee fails to remedy the breach complained of fourteen days of the date of mailing of the notice, then this Agreement shall automatically terminate on the fifteenth day.
- Licensor represents and warrants that it has the right and authority to enter into this License Agreement with you and grant you the rights herein granted.
- The recordings are provided “as is” without warranties or conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Licensor does not represent or
warrant that the recordings will meet your requirements or that its use will be uninterrupted or error free.
- In no event shall the total aggregate liability of the Licensor under this Agreement exceed the Licence Fee paid or payable in respect of the relevant Recording and/or Composition relating to the warranty breached. The Licensor shall not be liable for any loss of profit or opportunity or for any indirect or consequential loss of any kind howsoever arising out of and/or in connection with this Agreement.
- Licensee shall indemnify and hold harmless Licensor, and their respective directors, employees and affiliates against all claims, costs, damages and expenses (including legal fees) arising from or related to the Licensee’s breach of this Agreement or the Licensee’s unauthorized use of the Recordings.
- Unless otherwise stated, Licensee agrees that it shall not use the recordings in any of the manners described below:
- a) Recordings may not under any circumstances be used in or in conjunction with, any audio-visual productions that might be considered pornographic, obscene, immoral, or illegal.
- b) Recordings shall not be used in conjunction with sensitive subject matter without the prior written consent of North Note; this includes but is not limited to sexual activity or sexual-oriented nudity; tobacco, alcohol, or drug use; health issues and bodily functions; illegal activities; and excessive or graphic violence.
- c) Recordings may not be used in a way that is derogatory of any race, nationality, ethnic identity, gender or sexual orientation, or political or religious belief.
- The Licence shall not come into force and effect until the Licensor has received from the Licensee the full Licence Fee, together with the applicable VAT payable.
- Licensee shall use its best efforts to ensure that users may not copy, capture or download the recordings either alone or as synchronized with the Licensee’s Production.
- Upon termination of this Agreement or expiry of the applicable Term of license, all rights granted under this Agreement shall immediately cease and terminate.
- This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter or formation.
IMPORTANT: This Agreement sets out the terms and conditions which apply to the use by you, as an end user, of music which you have downloaded and licensed from www.northnote.com. The licenses below incorporate the Terms and Conditions as set forth above. If you have any questions regarding the appropriate licensing option for use or if your particular requirements are not addressed in any of the options below, please contact us via email at email@example.com.Full details of permitted and restricted uses for available license options are outlined below.
INDEPENDENT FILM LICENSE
This license allows single perpetual use of a recording in a short or feature film without studio backing. Includes; self-funded release on streaming platforms, film festivals and self-funded reproduction of up to 500 DVD’s. This license is also subject to the budget size chosen during checkout, and shown on your invoice.
Not included: Film is sold to a distributor or studio for theatrical release, or broadcast. In such circumstances, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for suitable license extension options.
This license allows single perpetual use of a recording for creation of a audio-visual production for streaming on any crowdfunding platform (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, etc.) and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram).This license is intended for the sole purpose of fundraising. This license is also subject to the fundraising target size chosen during checkout, and shown on your invoice.
Not Included: Any paid advertising or broadcast media, usage outside the purpose of fundraising, and any platforms outside of crowd funding and social media.
SMALL BUSINESS LICENSE
This licence allows the single perpetual use of a recording in an audio-visual production for a Brand, Product, Service or event. This license is also subject to the employee size chosen during checkout, and shown on your invoice.
Not Included: Any paid advertising or broadcast media.
If paid advertising is a requirement, please contact email@example.com for suitable license options.
PRO VIDEOGRAPHER / PHOTOGRAPHER
This license allows single perpetual use for the creation of a film or slideshow that covers a wedding day or similar events such as; christenings, family celebrations, bar mitzvahs etc..
Single Use: A single edit of the event, including hard copies and streaming anywhere on the world wide web.
Multiple Uses: Up to 5 edits of the same event, including hard copies and streaming anywhere on the world wide web.
Not Included: Usage of recording for a separate promotional audio-visual production, such as promoting Videography or Photography services.
WEBISODE / VLOG
This license allows the single perpetual use of a recording in an audio-visual production for the creators own channel and social media sites, including YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and other user generated content platforms, where the Licensee may potentially receive revenue from advertising displayed relative to the video.
Not Included: Non-Streaming Usage.
SMALL NONPROFIT LICENSE
This license includes single perpetual use of a recording for the creation of a audio-visual production that highlights a registered non-profit organization. Content may include company highlights, event coverage, calls to action, and employee insights – productions that give an overall sense of the spirit of the organization. This license is also subject to the employee size chosen during checkout as shown on your invoice.
Not Included: Any paid advertising or broadcast media.
This licence single perpetual use of a recording for an audio-visual production produced by a student currently attending an educational course. Includes; online and streaming channels such as Youtube and Vimeo, and film can be entered into film festivals.
Not included: Film is sold to a distributor or studio for theatrical release, or broadcast.